Zum Inhalt springen

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist jetzt archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt.

-=Punkbuster=-

Battlefield 1942 wird kostenloser Titel

Empfohlene Beiträge

Ganz frisch, eben über Gamespress reingekommen

GUILDFORD, UK. — Nov. 5, 2012 – Thank you Battlefield fans! DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio, today announced fans can download a free* PC copy of Battlefield 1942™ exclusively on www.Origin.com/demos, in celebration of the ten year anniversary of the Battlefield series and Battlefield 3™ Premium surpassing 2 million members worldwide since its debut in June.

“When we launched Battlefield 1942 ten years ago, we had lofty ambitions to create a first-person shooter that would push the boundaries of innovation, creativity and design. We evolved the FPS gameplay formula by introducing the world to all-out warfare via land, air and sea,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, Vice President and General Manager of DICE. “Since the beginning, the reception to the Battlefield series has been incredible thanks to our amazing fans. Every day, we strive to provide our community with great games and new ways to play as evident with Battlefield 3 Premium. We wanted to thank our fans who have supported us throughout the years by restoring Battlefield 1942 for a digital re-release and give everyone a chance to play the game that started it all.

Quelle: Gamespress

Mehr sobald wir mehr wissen

Gibt auch leider einen ganz, ganz wesentlichen Punkt, rot markiert

Volles FAQ

Is this a remake of Battlefield 1942?

No. This is the original game Battlefield 1942, for the first time available as a digital download on Origin.

How much does it cost?

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Battlefield 1942, we are offering this full game at no cost. We want everyone to be able to see where it all started.

Does this free digital download version include an of the expansion packs originally released for Battlefield 1942 (The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII)?

No.

Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?

Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since it’s free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.

What are the differences between this version and the original disc-based version of Battlefield 1942?

No practical differences. We have done some under the hood work to make this game from 2002 work as a digital download title on Origin.

Can I run a server for the game?

Yes. Run the “DedicatedServer.exe” file that will be visible in your installation directory.

I have problems connecting to online games

Please note that a sudden surge of players into Battlefield 1942 may make online play temporarily unstable. If this happens, please try again later.

Can I use this version of the game together with old Battlefield 1942 mods?

This is untested and we cannot guarantee any mod functionality.

Will I need to patch this version of the game?

No. This version includes any updates needed. If we were to update this version of the game in the future (this is not likely), we will do so via Origin.

I have a question that is not answered here. Where do I go?

Please note that while we are proud to present this game to all of our fans after 10 years, we are not able to actively support it from a customer support standpoint. Please direct any technical questions to the EA Answer HQ forums at this URL: http://answers.ea.com/ where we will set up a specific Battlefield 1942 section.

Sprich: Es müssen auch extra Server für die digitale Version gestellt werden?

Zum aufwärmen:

">

Gute Frage. Müssen wir aber in den News ergänzen. Selbst wenn Mods lauffähig werden, dann nur als "Parallewelt" in Origin. Schade eigentlich.

Gibt auch leider einen ganz, ganz wesentlichen Punkt, rot markiert

fail :facepalm:

naja habs mal in meinen account "installiert", obwohl ichs auch auf CD hab. doppelt hält besser, kost ja nüscht ^^

Gast
Is this a remake of Battlefield 1942?

Does this free digital download version include an of the expansion packs originally released for Battlefield 1942 (The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII)?

No.

Schade :( , hoffendlich kommen die Addons noch als DLC.

hmm, sollte bf42 auch ohne origin starten, könnten einige modteams standalones von ihren mods anbieten :D

die "free-version" läuft sicher ohne keys, ich frage mich, wie das da mit bannen bzw cheatern funktionieren soll? vllt wird auch pro user einfach ne UID generiert oder so, die zeit wirds zeigen :)