Zum Inhalt springen
-=Punkbuster=-

News zu Battlefield Pirates 2

Empfohlene Beiträge

Danke für den Hinweis. Pirates war so tot, dass ich es nur noch im Ordner "alle 3 Monate" liegen habe. Der wäre allerdings am 15.01. fällig gewesen ^^

Anyway: sollten wir uns auch anschauen. Auf Basis der Beta-Version lässt sich ja schön eine Release-News vorbereiten

Spielabend wäre auch dufte, allerdings komm ich persönlich zu nix im Moment.

Gast

Die Pics sind einfach nur Krass, ich freue mich schon auf den passenden Event :yiiiiha:

i have bee banned from this forum

Troll???

habs grade noch mal probiert und es hat geklappt

Die haben wohl eine reihen von IPs gebannt. Ich komme auch nicht auf die Page. Kann jemand das Upate in diesen Thread spiegeln, mit Bildern?

Gast
ey guys,

We over at Project Reality are planning on having a big LAN party next month and we have confirmed one of the games/mods we will be playing in it will be Battlefield Pirates 2. With it I'm also planning on releasing my map, Dead Man's Reef which was meant to be released with yarr 2.5 but currently it feels that yarr 2.5 isn't ever going to be released.

What I would really like to see thou is Yarr 2.5 being released in time for the PR Convention 2011 (Before Friday 16th of September) so we can play it, and DMR as one there Very Happy

I know this dosen't give us much time (3 weeks) but if you guys where up for it I know [R-DEV]AfterDune, myself and possibly a few other people would be willing to help you get it out there Very Happy

So are you guys up for it? Last thing I heard there wasn't that much left to do (excluding the Royal Navy which tbh unless its something that can get finished realistically, might be best just scrapping) and it would be a real shame to have all that work you guys put in going to waste!

Let us know!

Hey rhino

As far as I can remember, the only thing needed doing was the localisation

That it? What are we waiting for then! Very Happy

There are many PR players dieing to play this mod again Smile

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-to...-2-bf2-mod.html

BTW done a small update to DMR, and speaking of localisation I've also done its localisation Smile

(not sure if the code will work on here)

Code:

LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_dead_mans_reef	 After a string of rich plunders on the high seas, Capitan Rank was caught up in a fierce storm that ran his ship aground on a treacherous corral reef costing him and most of his crew there lives. According to one survivor, The plunder was lost in the wreckage and still lies somewhere in the reef in a locked chest, full of gold coins, preciouses stones and other treasurers.

After hearing about Captain Rank's lost plunder the peglegs raced to recover the lost booty. However, when they arrived they find that they are not the only ones looking for the rich takings! 

CP_DMR_64_PeglegBay			 Pegleg Bay

CP_DMR_64_UndeadBay			 Undead Bay

CP_DMR_64_Reef				Coral Reef

CP_DMR_64_DeepPassNorth			 Deep Pass North

CP_DMR_64_DeepPassSouth			 Deep Pass South

Also as a side note, I dunno if you guys know this, you probaly do but for some reason the current shortcut dosen't work with Windows 7, not 100% sure why but I had to make a new one.

As far as I can remember, the only thing needed doing was the localisation

Noooooo Shocked

What are we waiting for, darn it :P.

The "beta" of BFP 2.5 didn't have a lot of maps in it, only the new ones. I take it the complete package will feature everything, right?

Btw, Rhino, here are the files to the Galleon: http://thirdforces.internationalconspiracy...les/galleon.zip

I hope it fits in your map, would be very nice. I haven't made a "galleon2" yet, as I wanted this one to be fully ready first.

From the top of my head, what needs to be done:

Think you need to check the armorlevels

I believe the bowspray is too low (under water now)

And there are now two "wakes" (correct word?), but the Galleon only needs one, just would need to be bigger - but that's a minor detail

Oh right, and the entry/exit points need to be looked at

Wish I could do more right now, but I'm packing stuff for my holiday :P.

Well, only if you want to and have the time. Otherwise, there's no need for it.

I've got a full BF2.5 Client (including all the maps) which comes in at almost 1.5 GB. Any idea where I could upload this to? Can't access any of the bfpirates ftp etc.

Full server files are just 70MB

Gast
nice, http://www.4shared.com/ says it has 10gbs of space, but I dunno what the limit of indervdual files is.

I think you can also use http://www.dropbox.com/ but dunno about its limits or if it can be used for such large files as I don't use it myself, got repo and FTP for that kinda stuff, but some of the other PR devs use it and seem to like it :P

EDIT: says 2gb limit on drop box, it might be the best bet to put everything on it as it sounds like a simplifed free revision software which is kinda what we need for this

Rhino, i've pm'd you (BFEDITOR) the ftp details. Everything is uploaded there for the time being.

Cool cheers, downloading now and will see what I can do Smile

I also made a quick change the the dinghy by adding two passengers to it which I think makes it more useful (especially with the deployable boats from frigates) and I'll implement and test if you guys think its a good idea

08262011124104.jpg

Right I've done quite a few changes so far.

First of all I've finished off AD's PCO Galleon, added two extra guns to it, giving it a total of 20 guns now, 6 large guns on each side controlled by the captain, 2 large guns on each side which can each be operated by a individual players and 1 small gun on each side which can be operated by an individual player, + a crows nest at the top of the highest mast with 360degs view. I also slowed the galleon down to be a little bit slower than the Frigate, with slower acceleration too, and reduced its turning circle a bit too. Also added the deployable boats too each side, with 3 boats in each, with a 60sec reload time. I also made both pegleg and undead versions (with different colours and flags), a new wider wake effect for the galleon (and another for the frigate) as well as making a dest effect, which is basically the body and the masts falling into the water and fixed exit/entry points and slightly reduced the amount of ammo AD set to 6*15 for each side and made it sit much lower in the water than what AD had it to. I also added a Galleon to both teams on DMR (only map that has the PCO one on it, dunno if its really worth putting it on any other maps?) and edited the undead dock slightly to allow it to fit in.

screen032x.png

screen012z.jpg

screen022h.jpg

screen051s.png

screen023bs.jpg

screen060x.jpg

screen061u.jpg

screen067e.jpg

Other than the Galleon I've done:

Set the runabout as a sea vehicle so it uses sea controls and reloads from sea reloading points.

Added DMR localization

Cloned the English 2.5 localization to German and Polish folders, not sure if its being loaded or not by just doing that and needs translating, just there as a place holder.

Added the Dinghys with 3 seats above in, SP versions need testing.

Improved 3p views for the Dinghys.

Fixed the Crows nest exit point on the frigate and gave it a 360deg view.

Gave the frigate 2 deployable boats on each side with 60sec reload time.

Made the dolphin vehicle be damaged if staying under water for more than 8 to 9 seconds as otherwise it would have been too powerful in CTF mode staying under water the entire time with nothing being able to kill it. A version is unchanged but not sure where its used...

fixed flags on undead and pegleg boats being the incorrect flags.

Think that's about all I've done so far, might have missed a few things. If you don't like any changes let me know because at the end of the day its your mod and I don't want to stamp on your hard work you have put into it by mistake.

Will do some quick testing on all the maps to make sure there are no obvious CTDs etc but other than that, think that's pretty much my end done.

That's amazing! Great work, Rhino!!

The "sinking effect", I wanted that in too, but didn't really know how to do it. This looks perfect!

Thanks a LOT, all the changes you made really are an improvement to the game Smile.

Pirates 2.5 needs attention, once it's released

All the changes sound great - no problem with any from my end.

I'll try to get in touch with detrux so I can sort out the website a little - no forum admin rights, i'm even banned at my home account so have to use a proxy to come here!

Gast

http://bfpirates.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33147#33147

# Name: Dead Man's Reef

# Location: Fictional, Tropical Islands

# Size: 2km

# Factions: Peglegs vs Undead

# Game Play Type: Naval Conquest and CTF

# Download: N/A, will be released with Battlefield Pirates 2 - yarr 2.5

Hey all, before I start I would like to make sure everyone knows this map is not related in any way to PR but thought some of you may be interested in my little project with showing some of the works of how a map is made which when making a PR map is normally kept very closed up etc.

Anyways the Battlefield Pirates 2 (BFP2) Mod was running a mapping contest so thought it would be the perfect thing to do in my little brake from PR is to make a quick, non-stressful map for fun for this mod as the mod itself is pretty good, got into the top 100 of MOTY for a few years and is pretty cool and IMO, underrated mod. If you haven't checked it out you should when the new yarr 2.5 release is out. Although the gameplay is nothing like PR it can be pretty fun and with the right squad you can have some good teamwork, epically on the naval battle maps like this one ;)

More info on the completion here, no big prizes involved or anything just the winning map gets into the mod: Bf Pirates 2 - Mapping Contest Announced - Official BF Editor Forums

Anyways the map is focused around Naval Combat, with small islands mixed in to help brake up the combat and add a little bit of terrain tactics into the mix and plenty of shallow areas like the perilous Coral Reef which large ships will run aground on if trying to go though it and as such as a small safe haven for the smaller, faster boats. The islands also allow a little bit of infantry combat with guys being able to land on the islands and setup deployable cannons (with the right kits) and sniping positions. But the combat is mainly focused on Naval combat with all the flags in the water, so if you don't have a boat, your sunk :P

The map will feature both Conquest and Capture the Flag (CTF) game modes, with CTF IMO being the most exciting as it should bring some excellent head to head naval combat, with also some good old fashioned amphibious warfare attacking heavily fortified sea batteries!

While making this map there have also been a few things made for it, such as the custom corals which I made for the reef bed and also a floating flag poll which I also made using the normal BFP2 flag poll for the post Smile

Although my favourite thing has to be the new Player Controlled Galleon which [R-DEV]AfterDune made with some help from me which is huge and has a total of 20 guns and will be featured excursively in my map Smile

Although a Static version of the Galleon has been in BFP2 for some time and is featured on quite a few maps, mainly the map Dead Calm, there was never a version you could sail yourself!

dmr_51_tn.jpgdmr_33_tn.jpg

Map Briefing:

After a string of rich plunders on the high seas, Capitan Rank was caught up in a fierce storm that ran his ship aground on a treacherous corral reef costing him and most of his crew there lives. According to one survivor, The plunder was lost in the wreckage and still lies somewhere in the reef in a locked chest, full of gold coins, preciouses stones and other treasurers.

After hearing about Captain Rank's lost plunder the Peglegs raced to recover the booty. However, when they arrived they find that they are not the only ones looking for the rich takings!

Minimap:

dmr_minimap_tn.jpg

Early Design Plan:

dmr_plan_tn.jpg

Gamemodes & Layers:

Conquest - 64 Players

dmr_LoadingMap_CQ64.jpg

Conquest - 32 Players

dmr_LoadingMap_CQ32.jpg

Conquest - 16 Players

dmr_LoadingMap_CQ16.jpg

Capture the Flag (CTF) - 64 Players