Zum Inhalt springen
WarSheep

2142 Developer Chat

Empfohlene Beiträge

:-)

#battlefield2142

[iNFO] Channel-Ansicht für "#battlefield2142" geöffnet.

-->| SIE (WarSheep) haben #battlefield2142 betreten

=-= Thema für #battlefield2142 ist "Battlefield 2142 - www.battlefield2142.ea.com | BF2142 ships in Oct 2006 (19th in Europe) | The demo is out! | Dev-chat with DICE here Tonight @ 19 CEST / 18 BST - www.quakenet.org/news.php?item=684

=-= Thema für #battlefield2142 wurde von SharkBaiT am Montag, 9. Oktober 2006 17:05:23 gesetzt

<BF2142> I was vehicles-gameplay designer for 2142 and I worked on most BF games in the past in some capacity, most recently vehicles tweaking for BF2 as well.

<[DICE]LexLuther> Hi, my name is Gordon Van Dyke a.k.a. LexLuther. I was hired by DICE from the Mod community to work on BF2142. I assisted Patrick on vehicles and now lead the Patch team for BF2142.

-->| brks (brks@wineasy.se.quakenet.org) hat #battlefield2142 betreten

=-= Modus #battlefield2142 +o brks von sw2.de.quakenet.org

<[DICE]Demize99> Hey, I'm Demize99, I am the soldier weapon designer for 2142. I came to 2142 from the mod community and I worked before on Point Of Existence mod forBF:Vietnam .

-->| Cruicky (cruicky@quakenet.org) hat #battlefield2142 betreten

=-= Modus #battlefield2142 +o Cruicky von sw2.de.quakenet.org

<BF2142> Thanks for coming guys, and now onto the question and answers part of the chat, you can ask your question by /msg BF2142 [question here]

<BF2142> nik|o asked: Love the demo guys, when will the connection problem be fixed also i am not able to play thru my router so im using my modem will that be fixed in full game?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answered: The connection issue a high priorty and is being fixed and improved as we type.

<BF2142> ArcticFox asked: at the minute when the titan is being attacked most servers ive been on people run about like headless chickens and dont actually defend the titan, will you include a way to force some of the team to spawn on the titan to help defend?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: Battlefield has always been about the sandbox gameplay, letting the player do what he wants, when he wants.

<BF2142> Icewolf asked: How many people work on the Battlefield game?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: The 2142 team was about 65-70 people. BF2 had more than 90 I think. This is only the development team here in Stockholm, there are hundreds of other people around the world who help us ship the games as well.

<BF2142> Pride asked: Will there be more maps or gamemodes in BF2142 than in BF2?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: BF2142 features 2 game modes, Conquest and the all new Titans game mode. It ships with 10 maps. You can try out both game modes in the Demo via EA Downloader and other sites.

<BF2142> koku- asked: Is this battletoads?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: I loved that game...

<WarSheep> What about the Weapons? I had the feeling like they are way too weak - will this be different in the full version?

=== #battlefield2142 Cannot send to channel

<BF2142> mccarf asked: YOU ALRIGHT SON

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: OOHH YEAAH

=== autoop Unknown command

<WarSheep> autoop

=== #battlefield2142 Cannot send to channel

<BF2142> Tuqui-tuqui asked: Guys, the demo is a hit. But this question comes from the server admins community. What tools are you allowing the admins for server control? Admins in BF2 had to rely on tools from third parties because BF2 lacked them

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: there will be a version of BFcc on release

<BF2142> Aqwis asked: Do any of you guys play WoW? In case you do, what classes?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: Yeah, I have a level 60 Hunter and a level 60 priest.

>BF2142< What about the Weapons? I had the feeling like they are way too weak - will this be different in the full version?

*BF2142* Your question has been relayed to the #battlefield2142 staff.

<BF2142> I'm a 60 hunter w/ epix, but my guild seems to be breaking apart... :(

<BF2142> Thanatos asked: BF2 had stupidly long load times and it's integration with punk buster was less than sucsessful. Will this be improved in 2142?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: We always work to better these areas and feel that was done in BF2142

<BF2142> hyo asked: ok well.. why is it, that the medic and the assault soldier are combined in one?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: The goal of combining classes in 2142 was to have 4 really strong classes. Feedback from BF2 players indicated that kits like Assault and Engineer were weak, so we combined them with similar classes. The new kit customization system allows even more customization, so you can pick and chose which equipment you want as you rank up.

<BF2142> [bfg]Apo asked: Hi. Will you deliver in future Patches some new Maps/Vehicles & Weapons? (something like bocage2143)

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: Possibly

<BF2142> mcr asked: Will there be a release of BF2142 on xbox360? in case, when?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: No plans on that, but anything is possible.

<BF2142> NRdev_Tobby asked: is there any advantage for us to make a mod to the new 2142 compare to bf2? or will a mod made for bf2 work out of the box on 2142?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: There's alot of new features in the 2142 engine to aid modders. We're already working with mod teams to help them convert mods from BF2 to 2142, and its a pretty painless process.

<BF2142> Please note that there are currently about 2 questions a second, so if you could be patient after asking your question as our guests are a tad swamped, thank you :)

<BF2142> Z1L0 asked: Why go in the future with battlefield? I think the succes of battlefield lies in the realistic side of the game (all the things in battlefield do exist in real life), so why go futuristic?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: Going into the future allows us to do alot of fun things that aren't realistic in a current day setting. For example, Hover Tanks, Titans, Battlewalkers, and Machine Guns that get more accurate as you shoot.

<BF2142> hAS023sDS32 asked: will you send me the bf2142 game for free when it's released? =)

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: Sure, but there is a registration fee of about $50 USD. ;-)

-->| BF2142se|cmd (~cmd@[sKum]cmd.users.quakenet.org) hat #battlefield2142 betreten

=-= Modus #battlefield2142 +o BF2142se|cmd von Q

<BF2142> unska asked: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to message you yet but here goes my question: Will this game run on Dell XPS m1710? Specs: Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor T7400 (2.16GHz, 4M L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB), Up to 4GB1 of Dual Channel 667MHz DDR2 memory, 512MB NVIDIATM GeForceTM Go 7900 GTX Graphics Card.

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: No, but if you send me your system I'll send you mine that it does work on. ;-)

<BF2142> Sinister asked: while creating Battlefield 2142 and especially the Titan mode, were you inspired by the MMO Planetside?... and do you think a new MMO Shooter (perhaps even in the BF universe) could be viable?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: We get inspired by alot of games as we developed 2142. And yes, a few of us have played Planetside.

<BF2142> Saturdaymakkara asked: What kind of vehicles will we be seeing in the game?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: The vehicle classes we have are basically these : Light Fast Jeep, APC w/ Launch Pods, Tank, BattleWalker, Attack Gunship, Transport Ship, Stationary Railgun and Stationary Anti-Aircraft turret. Theres also the Titan's which are more like floating aircraft carriers, which have a bunch of mounted weapons and pod launchers as well.

>BF2142< What will be next after Battlefield 2142?

<BF2142> dbj^afk asked: will there be a single player demo for bf2142?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: No, but nothing is impossible

<BF2142> Moffia asked: Hello. Can you confirm CTF, as seen on this link: http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=393...68&q=Bf2142

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: The BF mod community has come up with lots of great ideas. Mach10 from the PoE team crafted that CTF mod and he has been a great help to several Mod teams.

<BF2142> terminus82est asked: Why is the walker so much more powerful and durable than the tank in that demo? Wich vehicle (if not the tank) is supposed to counter them on the land? Or are they to be the untouched king on the surface?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: The mechs actually have a great disadvantage at range. If you are in a tank, stay far from the mech and use zoom to lob shells at them. They ca

<BF2142> Please try to send 1 question to BF2142 at a time, it helps us in answering them.

<BF2142> The mech can't counter an attacking tank at distance very well, so the tank has the advantage. Neither of these vehicles are the king of land combat, they both have advantaged and disadvantages towards eachother.

<BF2142> Kuroneko asked: Hi, love the demo. How many women are working on the BF2142 project as it is right now?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: I'd say 10% of the BF2142 team were women.

<BF2142> Chrismet5 asked: when bf2142 is released, will support, patches and rankings be dropped from bf2?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: No, that was a rumor. BF2 will continue to have its stats so don't worry.

<BF2142> chtstorm asked: how do u feel with the Enemy territory quake wars rivalry ?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: Rivalry??? Having played both games I think players will find enough differences to appreciate and play both games.

=-= meeb hat das Thema geändert auf "Battlefield 2142 - www.battlefield2142.ea.com | BF2142 ships in Oct 2006 (19th in Europe) | The demo is out! | Dev-chat with DiCE *NOW* /msg Battlefield 2142 - www.battlefield2142.ea.com | BF2142 ships in Oct 2006 (19th in Europe) | The demo is

<meeb> ahem

<meeb> oh gah

<BF2142> MonkeyRoids asked: Did you have any major inspirations for the technology present in BF2142?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: The PK-74 AR Rockets have alot of similarity to early prototypes of the OICW system, for you gun buffs out there.

=-= meeb hat das Thema geändert auf "Battlefield 2142 - www.battlefield2142.ea.com | BF2142 ships in Oct 2006 (19th in Europe) | The demo is out! | Dev-chat with DiCE *NOW* | /msg BF2141 [your question]

=-= meeb hat das Thema geändert auf "Battlefield 2142 - www.battlefield2142.ea.com | BF2142 ships in Oct 2006 (19th in Europe) | The demo is out! | Dev-chat with DiCE *NOW* | /msg BF2142 [your question]

<meeb> (shut up)

<BF2142> Mazga asked: will there be a linux dedicated server file for 2142?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: Yes

<BF2142> Karko asked: Do you always take note of bug reports send by the players? Or even at all. For example, I have found 2 bugs in bf2142 concerning battle walker, where can I send these, and in the future maybe?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: We have a whole team dedicated monitoring feedback from the community. We also ran a large Beta and fixed over 3000 bugs from direct player feedback.

<[DICE]LexLuther> why isn't my answer showing up?

<[DICE]LexLuther> As a gamer I play all kinds of PC and console games and will also play Quake Wars. I feel both games will fulfill different gaming needs and compliment each other rather than compete.

<BF2142> puffy001_col asked: how long it took for you guys to get into the game business and into quality games like bf?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: I started out in the Battlefield 1942 modding community working as a mapper. I worked on several mods including Eve of Destruction and Point of Existence. That experience was the key to getting noticed at DICE. It really helps to have proved that you understand what it takes to make a great player experience.

<BF2142> Jyrchi asked: Will there be any anti-baserape systems on BF2142?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: The Titan has a protected spawn point that only that team can access.

<BF2142> bustah asked: The demo only shows one map. Which looks kind of cold. Are there any "warm/exotic" maps or did the entire world froze over? Else the game would have a grim look over it.

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: The maps range in climate, some are more frozen than Sidi, and some are warmer and sunnier feeling.

<BF2142> aegis_tf asked: this question is not really about BF. will you guys ever start making pinball games again?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: We've actually got a couple pinball machines in the office GameRoom. Its a great stress reliever.

>BF2142< How much Addons/Boosterpacks will you bring out for 2142?

<BF2142> |47th|Creek asked: Having played the demo extensively, to me the Engineer class seems very unbalanced. Have you set your minds on keeping class balance as they are, or will you consider changes from player feedback?

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: We keep our minds open to community feedback, but we aim to be very very careful about making changes to gameplay balance (based on BF2 feedback).

<BF2142> IMaNoL asked: Buying the Game trought EA Downloader will I get the Game Box (I mean the game at home, the CDROM) Or just it will let me download it and play? Thanks

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: You will not get a hard copy, but you will always be able to download or install it when you like from EA Downloader.

<BF2142> Anim asked: How do you think 2142 will fare when quake wars comes out? I'm fairly sure you all realise it will be bit competition for your game, and when asked the same question at i29 (in the uk) your representative carefully avoided an answer.

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: We welcome the competition, it can only result in better games for the gamers.

*NO* (Broadcast) A devchat with the development team behind Battlefield 2142, DiCE, is IN PROGRESS NOW in #battlefield2142 - please join if you are interested in taking part and finding out more about the game or would like to ask the developers a battlefield related question!

<BF2142> Ozzee asked: Will all the maps in the game be as dark as the one in the demo?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: All the maps will have a different feel and enviorment.

<BF2142> Druidpunish asked: In the current demo, there are a large choice of vehicles, are there even more in the official game then in the demo ?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: The demo features our full lineup of vehicles in 2142

<BF2142> [FS]Ulversial_ asked: Will the unlock system be usable to modders? ie, will it be possible to use the system and define your own unlocks?

<BF2142> [DICE]LexLuther answers: Not on release, but possibly in future updates.

<BF2142> blix1 asked: will there be better clan support in the final release? as in normal kits (now all grenades/shockpadles etc need to be unlocked). this won't work in a clan match

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: In addition to modding, I also played competively in 1942 and Vietnam. My Clans included Deadly2Dozen, Team Warchild, and Warsaw. We recognized the unique requirements present from the Clan and Competitive community. Feedback on what you want to see in a competition mode would be very helpful.

<BF2142> Wavey asked: Hi guys, Will there be 16man scaled down infantry only modes in the full version?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: There are 16 player versions of all maps. Many of these have very few vehicles on them, but there isn't a "no-vehicle" mode.

<BF2142> seizerkiller asked: how many players will the titan mode support ?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: The titan-mode maps are set to 48 players

=-= Modus #battlefield2142 +o MicroSnigel von sw2.de.quakenet.org

<BF2142> AGC|sgtMouse asked: Will the time a player can run increase in the future, because now, your character is tired in about 5 sec.

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: Players can trade their heavy body armor for a lighter armor that gives a longer sprint duration. Also players can unlock 2 Player Abilites: Increase Sprint Duration and Faster Sprint Recharge. These apply to all kits and all armor types.

BF2142> Cukel asked: Would you explain your reasoning behind making almost every weapon than the basic 8 or something locked? Grinding is not fun in MMORPGS, it's even less fun in FPS's.

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: We gave the kits their basic abilities like Heal, Rearm and Repair and decided to make everything else unlocks. The key important unlocks that players crave like the Defib, RDX (c4) and grenades are easily obtained. This also ties into Kit Customization and allows the player to build his own kit through the unlocks he picks.

<BF2142> UsEd asked: How many precent of the developers is swedish?

<BF2142> [DICE]PatrickO answers: Probably 85% of the dev team is swedish.

dies ist der bisherige gespächsverlauf. leider muss ich jetzt aufhören -- wenn jemand den ganzen hat, kann er ihn hier posten (bisher nur bekannte antworten :-( )

Bearbeitet von WarSheep

Gast

war das kinderfragestunde??

das nächste mal fragen sie vermutlich noch was ihre lieblingseissorte ist :daumenrunter:

Für die, die es nicht mitbekommen haben:

(21:04:42)@BF2142 On a closing note, DiCE were kind enough to release EXCLUSIVE desktop wallpapers just for QuakeNet which are available from http://www.quakenet.org/BF2142/ - we hope you like them! The log of this devchat will appear on the QuakeNet website shortly.

War aber nicht so informativ - man muß Markus_Maximus zustimmen.

<BF2142> blix1 asked: will there be better clan support in the final release? as in normal kits (now all grenades/shockpadles etc need to be unlocked). this won't work in a clan match

<BF2142> [DICE]Demize99 answers: In addition to modding, I also played competively in 1942 and Vietnam. My Clans included Deadly2Dozen, Team Warchild, and Warsaw. We recognized the unique requirements present from the Clan and Competitive community. Feedback on what you want to see in a competition mode would be very helpful.

#Low

Wie Lächerlich ist das denn............. :daumenrunter:

Bearbeitet von Rob.Dexter

Nicht viel Neues, ausser vielleicht, dass die Unlocks auf Unranked Servern freischaltbar sind.