BFV Arsenal v0.50 - part 1 (core)
Description: ========================================= Arsenal mod adds improved realism, historical accuracy and expanded gameplay to the Battlefield Vietnam. Features: ========================================= - more than 100 (one hundred) handweapons used in the Vietnam War, all with realistic and unique behavior; - all vehicles armament and loadout reviewed to match the real configurations; - more than 30 new custom maps (most with singleplayer support); - 8 new factions: ANZAC (Australian and New Zealander), SAS (ANZAC Special Forces), Khmer Rouge/Laotian Guerrilla, Chinese, French, Viet Minh, Navy Seals and MACVSOG; - support for playing with "Eve of Destruction" and the official "BFV WWII Mod"; - Counter-Strike style gamemode; - all kits reformulated valuing gameplay and historical accuracy; - and much more!
version 0.50 (January 2009)
- Fixed Colt Commando muzzle flash (used the standard M16 'birdcage' effect, now a more appropriate one).
- Increased rifle grenade and grenade launcher velocity.
- Added an 'easter-egg'.
- Added new sounds for some silenced weapons.
- Balanced some kits adding grenades (Anti-Tank, Anti-Air and Flamethrower kits).
- Increased the damage of all bolt action rifles. It blows the realism, I know, but now these rifles will be useful.
- Added new texture for the french M35 truck, by SomuaS35vsPanzerII (tuturbocquier AT hotmail.fr).
- Added A-7 Corsair II with 18x Mk.82 bombs.
- Fixed the jet engine exhaust effect not showing on a plane at full health.
- Added the japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha tank for the Viet Minh. Model and code from BFV_WW2Mod mod, new texture by Odanan.
- Tweaked handling of MiG-17 and A-7 Corsair - MiG-17 has a slower roll rate but better turn, Corsair no longer flies like a UFO.
- Added the M8 Greyhound combat car for the french in the First Indochina War. Model, texture and code by Dice (from SWoWW2 expansion).
- AI-controlled tanks engage infantry with the machine gun rather than cannon.
- AI will now be more aggressive with automatic weapons, and will use binoculars to request artillery on tanks.
- Improved AI behaviour drastically - no more falling through bridges or [killed] messages all the time.
- Stopped the American AI trying to destroy their own tent mobile spawnpoint.
- AI attacks mobile spawns once more.
- Fixed AI bug that caused CTD in Drop Zone Natasha (by removing the "only grenades" kit).
- Changed the order of the maps in the maplist - BFVA ones are now on top, standard BFV ones below that. Any custom maps that are not part of BFVA/BFV will be below everything else.
- Added terrain shadows and adjusted spawnpoints on BFV Air.
- Added co-op support for the BFV_Dust, by RussianComrade.
- Updated ambient sounds on Defending the Port (rain and thunder).
- Updated lexiconAll.dat with new map names and added some control point names.
- New map added: Operation Eagle Pull, by RedSand. MACVSOG needs to hold their base from a massive Khmer Rouge assault until their evacuation choppers are ready.
- New map added: Assault on Phou Sang, by SecretCommando. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Phou Sang Evening, by SecretCommando. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Hunter and Hunted, by RussianComrade. Counter Strike style map. US Army must defend a disabled Patton tank from the attacking Vietcong.
- New map added: Park: The Storm, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Breakout, by SecretCommando, RussianComrade and Toucinator.
- New map added: Hue Alleyways, by RussianComrade and Toucinator.
- New map added: Hue North, by RussianComrade and Toucinator.
- New map added: The Bridge, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Defending the Port II, by Toucinator. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: French Route, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: BFVA Islands, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Tarawa Atoll, by Toucinator. WW2 map. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Guadalcanal, by AB=EDO. WW2 map.
- Added hud art and new texture/body for the Khmer Rouge, by Odanan/Dice.
- Fixed the VC head showing a hat with different color at long distance.
Battlefield Vietnam Unofficial Expansion
Arsenal mod adds improved realism, historical accuracy and expanded gameplay to the Battlefield Vietnam.
- more than 100 (one hundred) new handweapons used in the Vietnam War, all with realistic and unique behavior;
- all vehicles armament and load out reviewed to match the real configurations;
- new custom maps (most with singleplayer support);
- new factions: ANZAC (Australian and New Zealander), SAS (ANZAC Special Forces), Khmer Rouge/Laotian Guerrilla, Chinese, French, Viet Minh, Navy Seals and MACVSOG.
- support for playing together with the mods: Eve of Destruction and BFV_WW2mod (by Dice).
- support for "Counter Strike style" gameplay.
- all kits reformulated valuing gameplay and historical accuracy;
and (much) more!
- This is a mod, so it´s required the Battlefield Vietnam game installed.
You will also need the last version of the game. Get the v1.2 and v1.21 on the official EA Games web site:
It is recommended to uninstall all previous BFV Arsenal versions before installing the 0.40.
If there is an error when using the BFV new launcher, it's because you don't have the Microsoft .NET Framework. Download it in the following link (do this, because you will probably need this framework sooner or later).
For those lazy enought to don't install the framework, I kept the old BFV launcher in the 'BFV_Arsenal' folder. The old launcher doesn't have support for BFVArsenal + WW2mod, though.
version 0.40 (2008)
- added japanese bayonet (for WW2 minimod). Model by Willian_II, texture by Dice (machete).
- added japanese Type 100 smg (for WW2 minimod). Model and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added Enfield No4 rifle (for WW2 minimod). Model and texture by Dice.
- added No5 Jungle Carbine (for WW2 minimod). Model by Odanan/Dice, texture by Dice.
- added Springfield M1903 (for WW2 minimod). Model by Odanan/Dice, texture by Dice (K98).
- added Arisaka Type 38 Carbine (for WW2 minimod). Model and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added japanese Booby Trap (for WW2 minimod). Model and texture by Odanan.
- added L42A1 sniper rifle, for the SAS. New animation (flawed), model and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added L1A1 with scope (model of the scope is a conversion of the M-21 scope, by Dice).
- added Model 213A chinese pistol (same model and texture as TT-33).
- added new texture for L9A1 (for making it a different weapon from Browning Hi-Power).
- added the heavy russian machinegun DSHK. It will be a turret MG for the T-56 and T-72, and a stationary mg. Model by Willian_II/Odanan. Texture mapping (this sucks!) by Odanan. Texture by Odanan/Dice (modified RPK texture).
- added F1 "limonka" grenade. Model by Odanan/Dice, texture by Dice (MkII grenade).
- added new US machete for ANZAC, SAS and general Pathfinder class. Model and texture by Odanan/Dice (based on the NVA machete).
- added new "Laotian" machete for the Khmer Rouge and the Laotian. Model and texture by Odanan/Dice (based on the VC Plantation Knife).
- added an "Improvised Explosive". A mortar round prepared for detonation as a bomb, to be used by the japanese and the VC. Model by Odanan, texture by Dice.
- added M1 Garand rifle grenades. Model and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added Arisaka rifle grenades. Model and texture Dice (K98 grenades from SWoWW2).
- added Type 99 stationary, replacing the MG42 in the WW2 maps.
- added Type 97 sniper rifle for japanese scouts in WW2. Model by Odanan, based on the previous Arisaka Type 99.
- added MP18 for the japanese Officer. Model, sound and texture from BF1942.
- added .30 cal machinegun (Browning M1919). Model by Ls3 (converted and heavily modified by Odanan), texture by P_Witty/Bots.
- added the machinepistol Skorpion VZ-61. Model by Ettubrutesbro, texture by Millenia/The_AntiPirate.
- added Mauser M712 machine pistol for the Chinese. Model by Flakk, texture by X-Convict.
- added Mas-38 french smg. Model and texture by Forgotten Hope team (use granted).
- added Arisaka Type 38 rifle for the japanese in WW2. Model by Odanan, based on the previous Arisaka Type 99.
- added the M16A1, with 30 round mag.
- added drum magazine for the RPK. Still need a better reload animation.
- added MAS-36 rifle, used in the First Indochina War by the french, and in the Second Indochina War by the VC and Khmer Rouge. Model and texture by Forgotten Hope team (use granted).
- added MAS-36 with scope for the french snipers.
- added japanese smoke grenade. Model and texture by Odanan.
- added katana (Type 94 sword) for the japanese Officers. Model and texture by Forgotten Hope team (use granted).
- added Type 99 magnetic grenade ("Turtle Mine") for the japanese anti-tank class. Model and texture by Forgotten Hope team (use granted).
- added Mle 1935 pistol for the french troops. Model and texture by Odanan, based on Dice's M1911.
- added WW2 mod knives (US and japanese). French and ARVN will use the US WW2 knife.
- added new (proper) magazine for the M2 Carbine. Model and texture by Odanan.
- new and improved sounds: L1A1 (by RussianComrad), Greasegun and M1 Carbine (by Odanan), .50 cal and .30 cal (by Capt.Frederick).
- bolt action rifles are much easier to aim now.
- started cooperation with the guys from Battlegroup Vietnam. We will share some know-how and content to improve the both mods.
- thanks to the help of Sarge31FR from BGV, the KA-25 code was very enhanced.
- Sarge31FR changed the AI to make the M113 used as amphibious for the bots.
- replaced the two wing 20mm autocannons in the Cobra for the proper 7.62 miniguns.
- replaced the 20mm autocannon in the BTR-60 turret for the proper 14.5 heavy mg.
- some balance in the air vehicles.
- added the M35 Cargo Truck for the US. Model hack and coding by Zixed/Odanan, based on the Nancy. New Texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added by Zixed the M3 Halftrack and the Bofors Anti-Air for the earlier ARVN and the French.
- new vehicles are now repaired by Hangars and Helipads (code fixed by RussianComrad).
- added the Special Ops Raft, which will be used by the US Special Forces in some levels.
- new model for the F4's gun pod (SUU-23A), by Odanan. Also increased the ammo capacity from 300 to 1140. Made it less accurate.
- added the Mig-19 in 3 different versions. Models by Willian_II/Odanan. Textures and codding by Odanan.
- added new version for the KA-25, with bombs and mgs. Models, coding and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added new version for the Mi8 Cargo. Models, coding and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added new version for the Mi8 Gunship. Rocket Launchers model by Willian_II. Helicopter model, coding and texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added 2 new version for the Mig-17, with new texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added new Russian bomb (for the KA-25 and Mig-17). Model by Odanan/Dice.
- added the russian missile RS-2 (a primitive and strange design) for the "dogfight" versions of Mig-17 and Mig-19. Model by Willian_II and Texture/Mapping by Odanan.
- improved the Cargo version of the Chinook. Added movable back door, controlled by the co-pilot.
- improved the Armed version of the Chinook. Added 2 more .50 mgs and closed the back door.
- added the T34-85 russian tank for the NVA/VC. Conversion from BF1942 by Zixed, new texture by Odanan/Dice.
- added "bazooka scooter": a vespa with recoilless rifle, used by the french paratroopers. Model and coding by Odanan/Dice.
- the napalm bomb don't "multiply" itself anymore. (Clever) coding by Odanan. :P
- added the F4U-7 Corsair for the french in First Indochina War maps. New (nice!) texture by Odanan, model/coding by Odanan/Dice.
- added Huey Bushranger (for now it's replacing the Huey Gunship with miniguns). Armed with 2x 7 rockets, 2x miniguns, 2x manned twin M60.
- added red tracers for the AC-47 miniguns (if I knew that it was so easy!).
- added a US Carrier to the mod. Now mappers can place the "Carrier" object in their maps.
- added Weapons Cache: an awesome night map of MACVSOG vs. Vietcong. The US must use their rafts to cross the river and then destroy every weapon cache to weaken the VC. They can also use encapment tents to have forward spawn bases in the enemy territory. VC spawns in a village with very poor armament. They need to secure the weapon caches, where they find better kits. Credits: SecretCommando (main mapper, art), JokersWarPig (earlier map), Odanan (new objects, concept idea). No bot support yet.
- added Airstrip: a covert mission for the US Special Forces - to raid a small Chinese airstrip in the border of North Vietnam, which is supplying weapons and equipment to the NVA. Credits: RussianComrad.
- added BFVA Air: test map for all BFV Arsenal air vehicles. Credits: RussianComrad.
- added Drop Zone Natasha: First Indochina War map, featuring French paratroopers versus Viet Minh. Credits: RedSand. Warning: don't load the map with lots of bots or it may CTD.
- added Operation FUBAR Night: alternative version for the Operation FUBAR. Credits: RussianComrad.
- added BFV_Dust: a Counter Strike de_dust reproduction for BFV made by Cthulhu and polished by SecretCommando. Counter Strike game mode for BFV by Odanan. No bot support yet.
- trying to reach the perfect balanced in Jungle Ghosts. Now the SAS soldiers won't spawn with any kind of explosive, they need to get it in the abandoned base. Also, VC tunnels will respawn after some time.
- replaced mortars in ANZAC base for Howitzers in Long Tan map.
- added Operation Flaming Dart II: launched days after the first operation, US planes need to destroy the NVA ground targets. Credits: JokersWarPig, Odanan.
- added 2 new uniforms for the NVA. Textures and art by Odanan (modified Dice's textures).
- added new object: the US "encampment" tent. Works like the VC tunnel (Ditch) as a movable spawn point.
- added new object: the NVA weapon Cache, which spawns custom kits and can be destroyed.
- added new faction: French Army (for French Indochina War maps). Coding, textures, menu icons and general art by Odanan, sounds from RtR.
- added new faction: the Viet Minh. Coding, textures, menu icons and general art by Odanan.
- added support for the BFV_WW2Mod. Extends the Arsenal weapons accuracy to the Pacific Theater. All kits was reviewed.
- added new mod launcher. Programming by Skhar and art by Odanan.
- added new set of custom textures, by Odanan.
- (aparently) the "Q" bug in multiplayer maps was fixed, thanks to a comment in some AB=EDO map readme. ;)
- added new faction: Chinese People's Liberation Army. Coding, textures, menu icons and general art by Odanan. Still missing new voicesovers.
- collision damage decreased for land vehicles. Sandbags now deal less collision damage.
version 0.31 (released september, 2007)
- added the Mosin Nagant rifle grenade (model/texture/animation by Odanan, based on the SWoWW2 rifle grenade). Created a new Grenadier class for the Vietcong.
- added the australian Owen smg. Model by Der_Meister, texture by Forgotten Honor team and animation by Odanan.
- fixed the bug and improved the map Operation FUBAR.
- removed some unused code for optimizing the mod.
- changed the ScoreManagerSettings due to suggestions.
- increased the damage of AntiTank weapons.
- removed the duckbill of the Ithaca shotgun. Added this weapon for the MACV-SOG Engineer.
- fixed 3rd person camera view.
- fixed 1st person animation for the M20 Super Bazooka.
- fixed 3rd animation animation for the Sterling L2A3 and Sterling L34A1.
- fixed sounds of smgs in 3th person view.
- added new sounds for Owen, F1 smg, and all new shotguns.
- changed all land vehicles ammo load out. Edited the damage, ROF and removed heat for almost all machineguns.
- added RPK for a new NVA Light Support class. Model and texture by Odanan (a modification of the AK-47).
- changed the ammo clip for the Enfield No4 from 5 to 10. Made an animation for the reloading (not perfect, but do you know how ugly is to edit BF animations?)
- fixed shadows and collision for the Cobra.
- fixed some missing animations.
- added Springfield M1903A4 (sniper rifle) for the ARVN marksman. Model is the K98 from the WW2 mod modified by Odanan.
- added Browning M2 .50 cal mg for the turret of the M113 and the Patton. Added it also as a Stationary weapon. Rip from WW2 mod by Zixed.
- added smoke effect and overheat (to prevent long bursts) for some silenced weapons (Sten and Sterling).
- edited the hit points (mostly decreasing) for several vehicles and stationary weapons (artillery weapons and fixed mgs).
- back passengers of the NVA APC (BRT60) now can fire their weapons.
- added improved model for the PKT (NVA tank mounted mg). Add also RPD and PKT stationary.
- added Arisaka model 99, old japanese rifle from WW2. It was used by the VC (captured weapons). Model by Odanan/Willian_II, based on the No4 Enfield by EA/Dice. Texture (based on the No4) and mapping by Odanan.
- added Nambu Model 14 pistol, other japanese weapon found with the VCs. Model and mapping by Willian_II and texture based on real pictures.
- added Type 97 japanese grenade. Model by Der_Meister and texture/mapping by Odanan.
- added new uniforms and overlays for the ANZAC.
- finally fixed the BFV grenade deploy animation.
- added the Sawed Off M79.
- improved AI. And thanks to Grenademan, bots will use every sort of weapons and equipment.
- added RDG-2 smoke grenade for the NVA/VC. Model and Texture by Odanan.
- added the chinese replica of the Mosin Nagant M91/44, the Type 53 Carbine.
- added the chinese replica of the SKS-1945, the Type 56 Carbine.
- added bayonet for every weapon that have it: Type 53 Carbine (M91/44), Type 56 Carbine (SKS), Type 63 and Type 56 Assault Rifle (AKMS). This last one still have a flawed stab animation.
- added new uniforms, heads and menu icons for the MACVSOG.
- reduced the zoom of every (not scoped) weapon to make it more realistic.
- made planes ammo load out, projectiles and damage more realistic.
- several changes on the kits (refer to the bfv_arsenal_kits.xls for more details).
- added silenced M-16 with scope for the MACVSOG.
- added silenced M-21 for the Navy Seals.
- added 1 more rocket pod pair for the Mi8 helicopter.
- fixed bugged BFV AI for KA-25.
- released an "alpha" version for testing.
- improved the all vehicles AI. Bots will be more aggressive and search for the better targets.
- added new insignias for the US 8th Tactical Fighter Wing.
- added alternative ground attack version for the Mig21. Texture, modeling and coding by Odanan.
- added alternative air superiority version for the F-4 Phantom. Base grey texture, modeling and coding by Odanan. Cpl.Basti(Ger) made decals for customizing the texture in 3 different versions.
- added the AIM-9 and PL-3 Atoll missiles. Model by RussianComrad and texture/coding by Odanan. Capt.Frederick_Drake gave suggestions, data and info background for the behavior of the missiles in game.
- added new texture for the Mig 21 dogfight (by Odanan).
- added new textures for the Marines Cobra (by Odanan).
- added new texture for Cobra with decals by Cpl.Basti(Ger).
- added new map by RussianComrad: Operation Bolo. It’s an air dogfight map with lots of action with Mig-21 vs. F-4s.
- RussianComrad improved and balanced his maps (Jungle Ghosts and Long Tan).
- added a new Huey Gunship, armed with 3 miniguns and 1 rocket pod. Coded by Odanan.
for balance, ticket ratio was changed. Mappers, follow this rate:
Khmer Rouge = 115
VC = 110
NVA/ARVN = 100
ANZAC/US Army/Marines = 95
Special Forces = 90.
- released a "beta" version for more tests.
- added new unarmed transport Chinook (model and coding by Odanan).
- added alternate version of the AH-1 Cobra (model by Willian_II, mapping and coding by Odanan, texture by Cpl.Basti(Ger) and Odanan).
- added new effects for autocannons projectiles explosion.
- added another alternate version for the Phantom, armed with 6 Mark 82 bombs. (new) Phantom texture: Odanan, bomb model: Willian_II, bomb texture/mapping: Odanan, coding: Odanan.
- added the bomb Mark 83 (model is a resized mark 82) for the A-7 Corsair.
- added a new silenced Car-15 with forward grip.
- naval vehicles improved by Zixed.
- added dogfight version of the Phantom, armed with a 20mm autocannon and 4 AIM-9 missiles.
- improved the load of the planes (Mig 17, Skyraiders).
- edited the speed of all planes to match with their real specifications.
version 0.30 (released april, 2007)
- added M60 "shorty" for the US/ARVN/ANZAC Special forces. Model by Odanan, based on Dice’s M60.
- added M16 with grenade launcher (XM148) for the SAS and US Special Forces. Model and Texture by Odanan, based on Dice’s.
- US/ARVN/ANZAC kits reviewed. Moved Law to the Rifleman class (random with the Medkit).
- Added the Anti-Air and the Special Ops classes.
- added random weapons and equipment.
- Type 63 now fires in bursts.
- new textures for the SAS. Added a second option of body.
- added Browning Hi-Power (or L9A1) 9mm pistol by Trigger/Splinter.
- added S&W Mod.39 'Hush Puppy' 9mm silenced pistol by Stoke.
- added Sterling L2A3 by Splinter Cell/Valve (not the game and not the company).
- added Sterling L34A1 (silenced) (model is a modification of the Sterling L2A3).
- added Makarov PM pistol for the NVA by Fearfisch/Meltdown.
- added a new Remington 870 model by Twinke.Masta/Flamshmizer/Geno.
- added a new model for the PPSh-41 by Dav0r/celica. Named in the game as Type 50 (the chinese replica of the PPSh-41) and made a new 35 bullets magazine.
- added the L2A1, a support version of the L1A1 SLR, for the ANZAC. The model is the Schmung’s L1A1 modified.
- complete new damage system (and it’s not a little thing). Each caliber will have it’s proper damage and each weapon has it’s proper caliber.
- splinted the ARVN in two factions: ARVN "Earlier" (with old US WW2 weapons, for the earlier Vietnam War maps) and ARVN "Later" (better equipped, for the later maps);
- splinted the VC in two factions: VC "Earlier" (with old URSS WW2 weapons and poor equipped, for the earlier Vietnam War maps) and VC "Later" (with better weapons and equipment).
- splited the US Special Forces in 3 different factions: MACV/SOG, Navy Seals and Airborne.
- new textures for the Navy Seals.
- removed the Carl Gustav model by Pete/Flakk. Replace for a new one (free custom model for CS by Claidheamh).
- added Ithaca model 37 shotgun (with duckbill) for the Navy Seals. Model by Der_Meister; Texture/Mapping by Odanan.
- added Redeye Portable Anti-Air for the US/ARVN. Model by Odanan/Der_Meister; Texture by Odanan (based on Dice´s SA7 model and texture).
- added M20 Super Bazooka for a new US Anti-Tank class. Model by Odanan/Der_Meister; Mapping by Odanan, based on the bazooka from the BFV WW2 Mod/BF1942.
- added the small CAR-15 Survival Rifle. In latter updates it will be one of the few kits to get the parachute.
- added 38 revolver for a new and worst equiped faction: Earlyer Vietcong. Model and Texture by Odanan, based on Dice´s 44 magnum.
- added US Time Bomb for the US Special Ops class. Model by Odanan, based on Dice´s models.
- added the Howitzer artillery for the US/ARVN. Model and texture by Odanan based on Dice´s models.
- added Winchester mod 70 sniper rifle for US Marines. Model and Texture by Odanan, based on Dice´s M40.
- added a "bamboo" knife for the Vietcong. Model by Der_Meister; Mapping and texture by Odanan.
- added the US Navy Underwater knife, for the Navy Seals. Model by Der_Meister; Mapping and texture by Odanan.
- added the vietnamese smg K-50. It is made (like the real one) with parts of the PPSh-41 and the MAT-49.
- added new menu overlays for the Navy Seals soldiers.
- added new textures for the Navy Seals weapons (M40 and M21).
- closed the hatch of the M113 and Onthos to protect drivers against small arms.
- about maps: because of the increased complexity of the mod, some maps of the older versions now are too laggy, so they was removed from 0.30. If you have the old versions of the game, you still can play these maps (Hamburger Hill, Operation Starlight, La Palude Notte Redux). Also removed the Radio Nguyen (waiting for CO-OP support).
- new maps:
.Jungle Ghosts (the SAS in a map with no control points hunting the VC tunnels), by RussianComrad.
.Defending the Port (staring the Navy Seals. They need to defend a port against a brutal amphibious/armored NVA assault), by RussianComrad/Toucinator.
.Long Tan (new version), by RussianComrad (now historical accurated: the aussies in their most famous battle in Vietnam).
.A Walk in The Light Green, by RussianComrad/Toucinator (the ANZAC in a remake of the old Battle of Long Tan).
.Operation FUBAR, by RussianComrad/Toucinator.
custom maps still in the mod:
.Danh To Crossing.
.Ky Hoang Thunder.
version 0.22 (released october, 2006)
- BUG fixed: the grenade launched by vehicles (Cobra, Huey, etc.) in Arsenal with EOD now explodes.
- added the L1A1 SLR, the weapon of choice for the ANZAC (free custom model by Schmung and texture by Stoke converted to the BF Vietnam by Odanan).
- added several versions of L1A1: the standard semi auto, the full-auto, the "carbine" and with grenade launcher.
- added the real CAR-15 model, an earlier version of the M-16 for the ARNV.
- added the M1 Carbine for the ARVN Engineer (differs from the M2 Carbine only in the magazine and code).
- equalized some damage.
- added the japanese light machinegun Type 99 (model and texture from the WW2 mod). It was sometimes found with the Vietcong in the beginning of the war.
- added the australian submachinegun F1 (model uses textures from the L1A1 and the Carl Gustav).
- added two new factions: the ANZAC (Australian and New Zealander Army) and the ANZAC SAS (Special Forces). Added all the flags, menu icons, names, insignias and new textures.
- started a partnership with RussianComrad (firstname.lastname@example.org). His work and judgment will affect a lot the mod in the next update.
- texture and model from PPSh and texture from AK-47 edited by Russian_Comrade.
- added the chinese Type 63 semi auto rifle. Replaced the PPSh 41 for the NVA engineer (more balanced kit now).
- added the MAC-10 machine-pistol (free custom model by DC and texture by Sixshooter converted to the BF Vietnam by Odanan) for the US Special Forces.
- added the Silenced Carl Gustav M/45 ("Swedish K") for the US Special Forces.
- removed the Colt Commando (it is probably the same weapon as XM-177).
- added the Sten MKII for the ANZAC (to be replaced by the Owen smg). Sten MKIIS (Silenced) is also available - recommended for the SAS (to be replaced by the Sterling). Model (modified), texture and sounds from Secret
Weapons expansion for the BF1942. Custom animations for fitting the BFV engine.
- added the Bren lmg for the earlier ANZAC supports. Model, texture and sounds from Secret Weapons expansion for the BF1942. Custom animations for fitting the BFV engine.
added new maps (all with bot/singleplayer support):
.the exclusive Battle of Long Tan by RussianComrad and Toucinator, featuring the ANZAC RAR.
.Marshland Patrol, by a great and perfectionist mapper: The Dark Lord (email@example.com). Edited: replaced US soldiers by ANZAC SAS.
.Hamburger Hill, by The Dark Lord (firstname.lastname@example.org).
.Operation Starlight, another impressive job by The Dark Lord (email@example.com).
version 0.21 (released september, 2006)
- as promised, made a REVIEW to all vehicles. More realistic load out, physics and armament.
- increased damage of all heavy machineguns.
- downgraded the speed of the hand weapon’s projectiles.
- FIXED: game instability in maps with the US Special Forces (bug with the XM177/XM148 grenade launcher).
- made some changes on the kits.
- added the Colt Commando (a shortened version of the XM177) for the Special Forces AT.
- changed vehicles spawn in the map Dahn To Crossing. Prepare to meet the russian heavy tank T72 and other uncommon vehicles in one single map.
- added a new background screen by Furipe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- added the shovel (used to move tunnels) for the VC/NVA Sappers.
general optimization on the code.
version 0.2 (released august, 2006)
- fixed/changed the Flare Gun and the Blowtorch effects and damage.
- now the Blowtorch can be used as a weapon against infantry.
- added the M14A1 automatic rifle for the US Marines (alternative Support class).
- added the M14 in full automatic mode for the US Marines riflemen. In maps before 1969, Marines have the M14 instead the M16.
- downgraded the fire power and precision of the M14, for balance.
- minor editing on the AK-47 and Type 56 (AKMS) models and icons.
- upgraded the damage of the AT weapons.
- now each kit has its own speed, according to the weight of the weapons.
- added the Remington 870 shotgun (model and texture by Odanan/Dice).
- added the M2-2 Flamethrower (model and texture from the official WW2 mod). It replaces the Mortar in maps with tunnels.
- testing a new "Artillery Call" for the Recon/Scout. Maybe it is ready for the next version. >:D
- now the Special Forces Grenadier can choose to use the XM-177 without the grenade launcher (and enjoy the zoom).
- linked the two kind of M79 ammo (no more 2 shoots without reloading!).
- edited/fixed some weapon icons.
- new texture for the M79 grenade launcher (by Odanan/Dice). Minor editing on the M79 model.
- improved AI.
- added (finally) the PPSh for the VC (free custom model by Cheetos and texture by Anderson converted to the BF Vietnam and heavily modified by Odanan). My first steps in editing the animations.
- added the green smoke grenade.
- added more messages and multi-language support in the lexiconAll.dat.
- added an outstanding new mod launcher made by Skhar (email@example.com). No more need of .bat files. :)
- FIXED: menu icons of the custom weapons looking bad on the low video configurations.
- FIXED: missing shadows in the custom models.
- map support:
.added the names of several custom levels on the lexiconAll.dat.
.fixed bot names on the custom maps Death River and Last Light.
.added Coop/Single Player/Bot support by Hamburger Hill for the official level Saigon 1968 (and replaced the US Marines for the US Army).
.added Coop/Single Player/Bot support by Sgt Pete (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the oficial level Defense of Con Thien.
.added Coop/Single Player/Bot support by William Murphy (email@example.com) for the official level Operation Ceddar Falls.
.added Coop/Single Player/Bot support by ? (?) for the official level Fall of Saigon.
got authorization to include some of the best custom levels in the mod. All of them, except Radio Nguyen, have support for singleplayer/bot.
.Danh To Crossing, by Robert Flood (BONEY500@hotmail.com);
.Radio Nguyen, by Robert Flood (BONEY500@hotmail.com);
.La Palude Notte Redux, by Edoardo '=AB=EDO' Ammannati (firstname.lastname@example.org);
.The Bridge Redux, by Edoardo '=AB=EDO' Ammannati (email@example.com);
.Ky Hoang Thunder, by Yellow Smoke (firstname.lastname@example.org);
version 0.14 (released july, 2006)
- added the SKS with scope for the VC and the NVA.
- balanced the sniper weapons (recoil and precision).
- balanced the VC and NVA kits.
- changed again the score settings.
- added the Ammo pack for all the Support classes (model, code and animations by Odanan/Dice).
- added the (real) Booby Trap for the VC (model, texture, code and animation by Odanan/Dice). Check out the cool animation!
- added the M1 Garand with scope for the ARVN Recon (model and texture from the official WW2 mod).
- added the M79 Buckshot, a deadly shotgun-like ammo for the US/ARVN Grenadier.
- new improvements on the AI.
- added the M2 Carbine for the ARVN (free custom model and texture by 2Krauts/Groene/Grizzel converted to the BF Vietnam by Odanan).
- added the M26 grenade for the US riflemen (free custom model and texture of a M61 Grenade for Counter Strike, by TS Team/The Expert, converted to the BF Vietnam by Odanan).
- added the Carl Gustav M/45 submachinegun for the US Special Forces (free custom model and texture for Counter Strike, by Flakk/Pete, converted to the BF Vietnam by Odanan).
- added the M3A1 Greasegun submachinegun for the US Army (free custom model and texture for Counter Strike, by Nomad/Splinter, converted to the BF Vietnam by Odanan).
- changed the round of fire of every hand weapon, based on the real ones.
minor adjustments on the TT33 model (to look like the real weapon).
version 0.13 (released june, 2006)
- now you can play Arsenal with some of the best mods for BF Vietnam: "Eve of Destruction", "BattleGroup Vietnam" and "Recruit Snyder´s Vietnam"! Just choose what mod to work with in the Start Menu\Programs\Games\Battlefield Vietnam ARSENAL or in your Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfV_Arsenal.
- changed the menu music - it will play "Paint in Black" by The Rolling Stones (all rights acknowledged).
- added new Claymore trap for the US/ARVN sniper.
- more changes on the kits to simulate the real ones.
- added new effect for the flaregun and now you can actually kill someone with it.
- added the old BAR 1918 for the ARVN support (model and texture from the official WW2 mod).
- improvements on the AI. Bots are supposed to use now medikits, wrenchs and binoculars.
- fixed several wrong messages on the lexiconAll.dat.
changed the score settings to value life and strategy ("I don´t wanna dye!").
version 0.12 (released may, 2006)
- changed the damage of some weapons.
- new icon made for the mod. :)
- new tweaking on the kits.
- added compatibility with the Road To Victory map pack.
- M16 with scope now is automatic.
- added a new lexiconAll.dat.
- added red, purple and white smoke grenades.
added the Flaregun (still working on the effect).
version 0.11 (released april, 2006)
- added the Thompson smg for the US Marines (model and texture from the official WW2 mod).
- added the M/91 rifle without scope for the VC.
remake on most of the kits.
version 0.1 (released october, 2005)
- changed magasine ammo of M-14 and m-21 from 10 to 20.
- changed magasine ammo of mossberg from 6 to 7.
- added blood FX.
- changed most of the kits.
- added 3p view for infantry.
- decreased the hitpoints from 30 to 20 (starting) and 23 (maximum). This will make the damage more realistic.
- changed precision of most weapons.
- removed crosshair from sniper rifles.
- added support for several custom maps.
- the american/south vietnamese kits are stronger, so it´s recommended to run maps in the 2/3 ratio (for each 2 american/south vietnamese there are 3 vietcong).
compatible with BF Vietnam version 1.1 or newer.
(desperately) Needed to the mod:
- someone who know how to edit soldiers body/head in BFV.
- someone who can make UWV mapping and textures from sketch.
- a Stoner M63A LMG model for the US Navy Seals Support.
- a Madsen M/50 smg model.
- french weapons used in First Indochina War, like: PA mle 1935, MAS-49 rifle, MAC-24/29 lmg (Châtellerault) and AA-52 gpmg.
- voices in australian english for the ANZAC.
- voices in korean for the South Korean faction.
- voices in chinese for the PLA faction.
Secrecy Productions Copyright:
Authors may NOT use this mod as a base to build additional mods without permission (which we'll probably give). This mod may NOT be modified in any way without the author's express, written permission.
You MAY distribute this mod through any electronic network, provided you include this file and leave all files intact.
Odanan (email@example.com) - founder, leader, main coder, main modeler, main graphic artist, (bad) sound engineering.
RussianComrad (firstname.lastname@example.org) - main mapper, main bot support for maps maker, coder.
Toucinator (is he an alter ego of RussianComrad? - The mystery continues...) - mapper.
Der_Meister (email@example.com) - modeler.
Willian_II (firstname.lastname@example.org) - modeler.
Zixed (email@example.com) - coder.
RedSand (firstname.lastname@example.org) - mapper, researcher.
JokersWarPig (email@example.com) - mapper.
Skhar (firstname.lastname@example.org) - mod tools and launcher programming.
Furipe (email@example.com) - the new background screen.
Cpl.Basti(Ger) and Capt.Frederick_Drak - "consultants" about planes, vehicles and other Vietnam War information.
Special thanks to:
- Grenademan (firstname.lastname@example.org), for lessons about BFV AI.
- Dudu10Brasil, LordLemos, Templar and the guys from www.bfcentral.com.br for all the support.
- Robert Flood (BONEY500@hotmail.com), AB=EDO (email@example.com), Sgt Pete (firstname.lastname@example.org), YellowSmoke (email@example.com) and The Dark Lord (firstname.lastname@example.org) for their excellent custom levels.
- Camel, =AB=EDO and PetOOns for some translations (to german, italian and french).
- http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins for its great collection of custom and free models for CS.
- Andy Combs, Jonathan Holmes, Shane Thompson, Jack Hooker, Frank 'Grauer Wolf' and other guys from the "Arsenal Newsletter group", for stimulating the mod to keep alive, ideas and suggestions.
- german server Daddeltreff (IP: 22.214.171.124:15567) for running Arsenal.
Forgotten Hope team (specially Lobo) for granting use of some french and japanese weapons and for making the best mod for BF1942 and BF2.
Betatesters and Bug Report:
If you find any bug, take note of the entire situation (running map, class, weapon, game with or without bots, game with or without other players, internet or LAN game, etc.) and send to the e-mail: email@example.com
- Because of the very tweacked animation, Sterling in 3th person view will have its muzzle in the wrong place. To be fixed someday.
- Some EOD maps are crashing when playing BFVA + EOD.
- Drop Zone Natasha is CTD when loaded with lots of bots.
- The new launcher will not work if you have a uninstalled WW2mod. If so, just delete the remaining "mods/BFV_WW2Mod" folder.
WithOUT this Hotfix you won't be able to play BFVA + WW2mod.
- fixed the bug in the Sherman causing WW2 maps to crash.