Battlegroup Vietnam Pacific - 0.10 Client
BATTLEGROUP42 0.1 PACIFIC: ISLAND ASSAULT - COMPLETE WORLD WAR TWO PACIFIC ACTION COMES TO THE BFV ENGINE!
It's time to fight the bloody Pacific campaign from the skies over Pearl Harbor to the tunnels under Iwo Jima!
This is the first release of the Battlegroup42 Historical Accuracy and Teamwork Mod on the BFV engine, and this release concentrates on the Pacific theatre. Besides content from BG42 and specially built items for this release, it not only includes all the DICE BF42 Pacific maps but also converted Battlegroup42 BF42 maps, community BF42 maps and a bunch of new BFV WW2 maps. It also has content from the Battlegroup42 (BF42), The Lost Battalion and Operation Anubis mods.
- Maps include Midway, Coral Sea, Gavutu, Angaur, Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima Tunnels, Tarawa, Peleliu and Philippines Liberation.
- 3D ironsights on small-arms.
- New US small-arms including the Grease Gun, M1 Carbine and deployable Browning HMG.
- New Japanese small-arms including the Katana sword, Arisaka, MP18 and deployable Woodpecker HMG.
- New US vehicles including M3 Stuart light tank, Sherman Ronson flamethrower tank, LVT4 amtrac, LVT(A)1 amphibious tank, M3 Scout car, M50 Quad 50cal, M16 mobile quad 50cal, M3 tank destroyer, Long Tom coastal defence gun, Jimmy truck, open topped M3A1 halftrack with sidemount 30cals.
- New Japanese vehicles including Ha-Go light tank, Ho-Ni tank destroyer, Te-Ke tankette, 8inch coastal defence gun, Ho-Ki personnel carrier, Isuzu truck.
- New aircraft including F4F-3 Wildcat, rocket firing P-38 Lightning, B5N Kate and G4M Betty. Also napalm-carrying Corsair on Iwo Jima (one of the first combat uses of the bomb).
- New ships including the Essex and Taiho.
- New effects including vehicle exhausts, tank flamethrower, vehicle headlights on night maps, breath condensation on cold maps, smoke grenades, smoke columns from burning vehicles, and dogfighting smoke trails.
BATTLEGROUP42 - THE WW2 HISTORICAL ACCURACY AND TEAMWORK MOD FOR BFV
This is release 1.1 of Battlegroup42-V. It is intended for Battlefield Vietnam version 1.2 or later.
The mod will be activated automatically when connecting to an
online BG42 server. To run in singleplayer or start a server, go into Options, Custom Game, select BattleGroup42 and click Activate.
To run directly make a shortcut (or copy the one for standard BFV) and set the 'Target' as follows (changing as appropriate for your install folder):
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\BfVietnam.exe" +game Battlegroup42
and use ChangeIcon to point it at the BG42icon in the Battlegroup42 folder.
07Dec41-Pearl Harbor (with limited bot support) - by =AB=EDO
08Dec41-Wake (with bot support)
22Dec41-Philippines (with bot support)
08Aug42-Gavutu Islands - by Mac/Truppo/BG42
12Sep42-Henderson Airfield - Rubber_Dog
20Nov43-Tarawa - by KMan (BG42 alumni)
15Sep44-Peleliu - by Brenil
20Feb45-Iwo Jima Tunnels
26Mar45-Phlippines Liberation - by Op Anubis mod
F4U-1 CorsairN (carries napalm)
G4M Betty (from TLB mod)
155mm M1 Coastal Gun
Bofors 40mm AA
Jimmy 2-1/2ton truck
LVT2 amphibious PC (spawn point)
LVT4 amphibious PC
LVTA1 amphibious tank
M3A1 Half-Track (with side-mounted 30cal MGs and passenger firing positions)
M3 GMC tank destroyer
M3 Scout Car
M3 Stuart light tank
M4A3 Sherman tank
M4A3 Sherman Ronson flamethrowing tank
M16 MGMC mobile quad 50cal MGs
M18 Hellcat tank destroyer
M29C_Weasel amphibious vehicle
M55 quad 50cal MGs
Willys GPW jeep
8inch Coastal Gun
Black Medal car
Chi-Ha Shinhoto tank
Ha-Go light tank
Ho-Ni tank destroyer
Isuzu truck (from TLB mod)
Type 94 TL tankette (from TLB mod)
US Infantry Weapons:
Boys anti-tank rifle
Deployable Browning 50cal
M3A1 Grease gun
Japanese Infantry Weapons:
Deployable Type 92 (model from TLB mod)
Type 2 grenade
Type 97 grenade
Type 100 flamethrower
Type 100 SMG
1) APCs are crucial to teamwork - they repair tanks and other vehicles as well as giving health and ammo. The APC driver has a mouselook ability, and can even look round to see his teammates in the back (good clan screenshots welcomed!). There are extra APCs added to most of the original maps, and they stay around for longer (so you can use them as mobile supply points).
2) There is a lot of fixed artillery so make use of it.
3) The LVT2 is a mobile spawn point.
4) The M3 Scout Car has an armoured windscreen - to improve visibility, raise it with the landing craft ramp keys (usually up/down arrows).
5) Small arms generally have 3D ironsights (devised by AdZ).
For further information on the Battlegroup42 mod please visit our website and/or our forum.