Jump to content

Ts4EVER

Member
  • Content Count

    204
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Ts4EVER last won the day on April 24 2019

Ts4EVER had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

117 Guter Samariter

About Ts4EVER

  • Rank
    Stabsfeldwebel

Recent Profile Visitors

3265 profile views
  1. Ts4EVER

    News zu Forgotten Hope 2

    Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update. Today we are showing off a render of some Finnish armour, pressed into service after capture from the Soviets. The Finns first came across Soviet T-34s during August 1941 in the Karelian Isthmus. They would capture two intact before the end of the year, with a third following in the spring of 1942 and a fourth in autumn of 1943. Nine more were ordered from Germany in 1944, but only 3 were delivered before the end of the Continuation War. These tanks received minor modifications including new headlights and cut fenders. The Finns gave the T-34 the nickname "Sotka", after a perceived resemblance to the pochard duck or perhaps after the name of a tugboat that a Finnish T-34 driver had served on. All of the T-34 taken into Finnish service survived the war and were taken out of service by the end of the 1950s. Our T-34 model of 1941 made by Pointblank86 and Stubbfan was modified into our Sotka by Seth Soldier and Matt Baker.
  2. Ts4EVER

    News zu Forgotten Hope 2

    Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update. Today we have a render of yet another soviet silencer. But first, in case you missed it, Roughbeak posted a devblog covering upcoming weapon animations over on our forums. See it here. Additionally, Ts4EVER has also been covering his process of making an FH2 map in a Youtube series here. The Soviets had put some effort towards the development of a practical suppressor for their rifles throughout the 1930's, but every design had failed on one or more criteria. It wasn't until 1940 that the brothers Mitin presented an acceptable design. The BraMit suppressor fixes to the Mosin rifle in the same way as the bayonet, and has two expansion chambers each sealed with a thick rubber plug. It was used with special subsonic ammunition, which drastically cut the effective range but allowed for extended life of the rubber seals and much reduced sound. Somewhat more than 50 thousand were constructed during the war, and ours was made by Ashton and Seth Soldier.
  3. Ts4EVER

    News zu Forgotten Hope 2

    Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update. Today we are showing off a couple of renders of our new Fallschirmjäger playermodels In 1935, the Soviet Union performed a series of training manoeuvres that included an impressive display of parachute deployed infantry. Hermann Göring was one of the international observers, and took these ideas with him back to the newly formed Luftwaffe. Started as a volunteer battalion in early 1936, the Fallschirmjäger were formed into their first division in 1938. The first opposed airdrops took place in the Invasion of Norway, and were soon followed by the stunning capture of Eben Emael in Belgium. The culmination of the large strategic airborne operations of the Fallschirmjäger came in the Invasion of Crete, which despite being a victory came at a great cost of life. As the war continued, the Fallschirmjäger would act more often as elite infantry, and by 1944 new units were no longer receiving even the most basic in parachute training. Distinguishable from the average infantryman by their distinctive unbrimmed helmets, you'll be able to see our new models on maps such as Crete, Purple Heart Lane and St. Lo thanks to the work of Kraetzer, Stubbfan and Matt Baker.
  4. Ts4EVER

    News zu Forgotten Hope 2

    Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update. Today we are showing off a couple of renders of some old friends in new clothes. As part of the program of Lend-Lease, the UK and the US provided the Soviet Union with thousands of tonnes of supplies - everything from rubber to trucks. Amongst this essential supplies were also provided many hundreds of armoured fighting vehicles. The Soviets first learned of the M10 in March 1943, though they were not seemingly enamoured with the concept, taking several months to order just two for evaluation. One of these was used to measure mobility and reliability, which was determined to be good. Certainly as good as the domestic equivalents and very similar to the M4A2 tanks. The only real objection was to the open top. Gunnery trials were delayed into 1944 by a lack of ammunition, and while the gun was liked, the crew ergonomics were not. Only 50 M10s were ordered, and they finished arriving about the same time as the gunnery trials completed. They were delivered critically short of spares and other equipment, and training proceeded with a lack of manuals with crews who had not any previous tank destroyer experience. In the end, 44 of these vehicles were split up between the 1223rd and 1239th Self Propelled Artillery Regiments, who used them in Belarus and Poland respectively. No more M10s were requested, instead the M4A2(76)W would take its place. Our Soviet M10 was modified from the original by Agus by Matt Baker. The Valentine was perhaps the most liked of the various tanks received by the Soviets from the British. Small, reasonably well armoured and with good reliability, they could be found on the front lines all the way from Moscow in the winter of 1941 through to the end of the war. Replaced in British service by the Churchill by mid 1943, it remained in production through to 1945 almost exclusively to equip the Red Army. The tank went through several different designs, and was produced in both the UK and Canada. The Mk VII variant was a Canadian built version of the Mk II with a new US made transmission and GMC 6004 engine. More parts were made by castings, and the BESA coaxial machinegun was replaced with a M1919A4. In total, the Canadians would make 1420 Valentines, with all but a handful being sent to the Soviets. Ours was modified from Montoya's Mk II by Matt Baker.
  5. Ts4EVER

    News zu Forgotten Hope 2

    Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update. Today we have a render of an interesting revolver that was both advanced and already obsolete when it was introduced: the Nagant M1895. The Nagant brothers were well known in the imperial Russian court due to their role in the development of the Mosin Nagant rifles. In the 1890s, the Tsarist army was looking for a replacement to their ageing Smith and Wesson Model 3s, and the design by Léon Nagant was adopted in 1895. The Nagant is a gate loaded revolver, a conservative choice in a period of top breaking and swing out cylinders. Unusually, the cylinder is cammed forward before each shot, allowing the brass cartridge to form a gas seal with the barrel. This was felt to be important, as it allows for an increase in muzzle velocity, it however had an unintended side effect of allowing the Nagant to be suppressed. In the early 1930s, the Mitin brothers developed an expansion type suppressor using nine 8mm thick rubber seals to capture the gas behind the bullet. It was clamped over the end of the barrel and required the use of special ammunition with pointed bullets due to the rubber seals. A similar design would later be developed for the Mosin Nagant rifle. Many of these suppressors were used by partisans behind German lines. The Nagant M1895 was produced all the way from 1896 through to 1945. Intended to be replaced by the Tokarev pistol, it was put back into major scale production during the War. Ours was made by Ashton and RedRogueXIII. Additionally, before we go, we just have time for a video produced by Mayhemic.MAD that shows a visualisation of the SVN used for FH2 development as the years have gone by. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Zw-8n6wiU
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.