Kashan 32 hat 2 Apaches

@KwanzaBot

Die untere Kniffte is ne Dragonov

Btw.

Hier noch das neue AK sight

aksight.jpg

Fragen:

post-17090-1223223347_thumb.png

Ist der "see thru"Effekt neu oder mein Kompjutr zu oll?

In 0.85 gibbet auch 3D aimpoints -> neu

Bobo möchte mir verzeihn wenn ich jetz was reinposte

The following values are what will go into 0.85 testing. So bare in mind that this is not final. This journal post is just so everyone knows that the deviation system is still being refined.

What you see below is the result of myself and others assessing how the changes made for 0.8 impacted gameplay, as well as what changes needed to be made in order to keep all the benefits of the 0.8 deviation while addressing the problems.

Ironsight/Scoped rifle

Changes

1. Hit Capability and its relativity to settle time after moving (WASD). Basically, this is how far your bullet will deviate from exactly where you aim while sighted in.

Standing @ 250m

0 Seconds : 7m

1 Seconds : 5.9m

2 Seconds : 4.8m

3 Seconds : 3.8m

4 Seconds : 2.7m

5 Seconds : 1.7m

6 Seconds : 0.7m

Crouching @ 250m

0 Seconds : 5.2m

1 Seconds : 4.4m

2 Seconds : 3.6m

3 Seconds : 2.8m

4 Seconds : 2.0m

5 Seconds : 1.3m

6 Seconds : 0.5m

Prone @ 250m

0 Seconds : 4.3m

1 Seconds : 3.7m

2 Seconds : 3.0m

3 Seconds : 2.4m

4 Seconds : 1.7m

5 Seconds : 1.0m

6 Seconds : 0.4m

Take into account that a soldier in the BF2 engine is roughly 0.4 meters wide. So if you're prone, have settled for six seconds and are pacing your shots well you'll hit a target 250m away 10/10.

2. Increased settle time required after each shot from 1 second to 2.5 seconds

3. Decreased maximum cone of fire

4. Increased non-sighted accuracy for CQB purposes

DMR

Changes

1. Significantly improved accuracy allowing for DM rifles to engage targets up to and including 600m.

2. Increased settle time required (for maximum accuracy) after each shot from 1 second to 4.5 seconds

3. Increased settle time required (for maximum accuracy) after moving from 2.5 seconds to 5 seconds

4. Increased maximum cone of fire from moving

Sniper

Changes

1. Increased crouch accuracy (accurate out to 600m)

2. Increased prone accuracy (accurate out to any viewable distance)

SMG

Changes

1. Numerous changes to make them more "personal defence" orientated.

Pistol

Changes

1. Doubled settle time after moving

2. Increased deviation added after each shot

LMG

Changes

1. Lowered deviation of both deployed and undeployed states

2. Doubled the settle time required after moving from 3 seconds to 6 seconds for deployed state only (this is to discourage what happens now where players just run around with it constantly deployed and insta-prone upon engagement)

Conclusion

As always, this is not about injecting absolute realism into an engine that doesn't support it. It's about finding a balance between relative realism and gameplay that works within the confines of the BF2 engine and promotes teamwork.

Special thanks to [R-CON]Wolfe for putting deviation on the right path in 0.8 and laying the foundation for the changes you see listed above (which were heavily advised by him during several teamspeak meetings).

Link

Achtung!

Wer jetzt denkt, so wie ich zuerst, er wird nu gar nix mehr treffen hier der post von Jaymz

Some brilliant shit-taking going on in here...

Deleted posts from donDoom, Noobofthenight, Emnyron and foxxravin. All of you assumed the deviation was being increased and obviously didn't read a word of the first post.

Let me put it like this,

Maximum accuracy of a standard rifle @ 250m in 0.8

0.74m away from where you aim.

Maximum accuracy of a standard rifle @ 250m with the changes posted

0.43m away from where you aim.

What's that? Almost twice as accurate?

Bearbeitet von hall0

[Map] Feyzabad, Afghanistan [WIP]

Need to lock down the correct name Feyzabad or Faizabad

Features

- Real area of operation (real data used)

- 4KM Size (Kashan Desert size) Area of operation 16km = 4km

- Hard MilSim gameplay

- Insurgency or some new flavor of

- WIP 200 to 500m cap radius in each town (Effects OPFOR ability to spawn vehicles, Weapons, and RP)

- Military Airports (BLUFOR Air power only spawns after "Radio Free Afghanistan" is capped, which is not an easy flag)

- River that travels from on side to the other with little towns here and there.

- High mountain areas with small towns scattered

- Snowy areas

- Heavy BLUFOR teamwork will on w/airpower (transportation)

Load outs : TBA

BLUFOR

Air

- TBA

Land

- TBA

OPFOR

Air

- TBA

Land

- TBA

Hello Community,

I have a very early WIP of a map that is a long way out. Its half and experiment and half a pushing the game engine. In fact I'm not even sure it will play without problems.

The main idea behind this map is the BLUFOR will be heavy reliant on air power and air transportation with very little or no armor. OPFOR will be a Insurgent force that will relies on holding towns to keep assets and spawn points. The actual gameplay modes are still way to far out to be locking down or even talked about.

Everything is WIP and the factions will not be looked at until the maps terrain, towns, roads, etc are built. And who knows, when this gets released what community factions will be available. So keep that in mind its all early WIP. I would say this map is a post 0.9 release, but who knows.

-r-dev-coderedfox-albums-feyzabad-public-picture253-feyzabadminimap.jpg

-r-dev-coderedfox-albums-feyzabad-public-picture256-feyzabad-05.jpg

Some Valleys

-r-dev-coderedfox-albums-feyzabad-public-picture257-feyzabad-06.jpg

Main Valley floor

-r-dev-coderedfox-albums-feyzabad-public-picture254-feyzabad-03.jpg

-r-dev-coderedfox-albums-feyzabad-public-picture255-feyzabad-04.jpg

Wow.

Wenn die Map weiter so aussieht und sogar erst in Entwicklung ist dann wird die derbst geil.

Wenns dann noch ne AC-130 Spooky II gibt wird die map genial :D

super, genau die art maps die ich liebe

also wirklich bosco, die arbeit das zu übersetzen hättest du dir schon machen können^^

Leider gibts nen problem mit der MapFeyzabad, Afghanistan

[R-DEV]CodeRedFox

I have to report some bad news guys, after a few weeks of testing and reading tech discussions the bf2 engine cant handle 4km maps with the vertical aspects I have. Works great in the editor but once in game the terrain acts totally different. This means I will have to shrink it down to a 1k or 2k. Still need to do a bunch of testing. But too much work has been done to scrap it.

The terrain warps way too much. The warping is where say a cliff far away will look one way, but when you get closer it will morph into the correct terrain. Same thing happens on larger maps when you see a player or tank floating but this is even more drastic with the elevation changes I have. The outcome would be a player could be shooting you but from your point of view you would just see terrain. This wouldn't be fun or a PR quality map.

So the idea of the map is not dead, just needs to take a different path. The good thing with shrinking it down is I will be able to put more detail into the map kinda in the same way Korengal was packed with detail. Which at the end of the day might be a good thing.

Pros:

Same idea but smaller

Insurgency will work better

Map still comes out

Cons:

A10 or equivalent support will most likely need to be removed

Maps not scrapped

Hit the bottom with the BF2 engine

Sorry to all those that were dreaming of a map like this, I'm not happy about it. But at least we know where the limit is

link